- Information collection and use
- Information access and disclosure
- Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
- For EEA users
- Contact us
Information collection and use
What Information does Hitec Electric collect about me?
When you interact with our Site and/or Services, we collect Information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the Information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
Information you provide us when you create an account
When you sign up for or use our Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including your name and email address. If you log into Hitec Electric with a social networking credential, such as with your Facebook or Google+ account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name and email address. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Hitec Electric’s access to that account.
Automatically collected Information
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with Hitec Electric and your use of the Site and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol [IP] address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site and/or Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Usage information. This is information about the Hitec Electric Site and/or Services you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyze how users use our Site and/or Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
- Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type).
How does Hitec Electric use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, including:
- to help us administer our Site and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalized user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site and/or Services.
- to communicate with you about your use of our Site and/or Services, product announcements, as well as respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- to send you direct marketing emails and special offers about Hitec Electric, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see the section entitled, “Will Hitec Electric send me emails?” If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you create your account or any point thereafter.
- to calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Site and/or Services, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
Information access and disclosure
Does Hitec Electric share my Information?
We only disclose Personal Data to third parties when:
- We use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- We have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site and/or Services.
- We determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Hitec Electric and users of our Site and/or Services, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
Hitec Electric does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Does Hitec Electric sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, Hitec Electric does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
How do third-party apps and plugins work?
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Software, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Will Hitec Electric send me emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt-out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Hitec Electric emails and changing your contact preferences. All Hitec Electric account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
For EEA users: We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent. Please see the section “For EEA users” below.
Does Hitec Electric ever make any of my Personal Data public?
No, we do not share Personal Data except in the limited circumstances described in the “Does Hitec Electric share my Information?” section of the Policy.
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to Hitec Electric will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data, being hosted and accessed in the EEA.
How secure is my Information?
Hitec Electric is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site and Services.
If Hitec Electric learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
How can I delete my Personal Data from Hitec Electric?
You can remove your Personal Data from Hitec Electric at any time by logging into your account, accessing the Settings page, and then deleting your account.
How long is Personal Data retained?
You can remove your Personal Data from Hitec Electric at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
What happens if Hitec Electric closes my account?
If Hitec Electric closes your account then you may contact Hitec Electric to request deletion of your data. Hitec Electric will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
For EEA users
Hitec Electric uses, processes, and stores Personal Data, including those listed in the “What Information does Hitec Electric collect about me?” section, as necessary to perform our contract with you, and based on our legitimate interests in order to provide the Services. We rely on your consent to process Personal Data to send promotional emails and to place cookies on your devices. In some cases, Hitec Electric may process Personal Data pursuant to legal obligations or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
What rights do I have, and how can I exercise them?
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights in respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete Personal Data we process through your use of the Site and/or Services. If you’re a user based in the EEA, you can:
- Request a Personal Data report. This report will include the Personal Data we have about you, provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and portable format. You must be signed into your Hitec Electric account to submit this request. Please note that Hitec Electric may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any information.
- Have your Personal Data corrected or deleted. Some Personal Data can be updated by you: You can update your name and email address, as well as language preference, through your Hitec Electric account settings. If you have problems updating this information, please contact us. You can remove your Personal Data from Hitec Electric by deleting your account.
- Object to us processing your Personal Data. You can ask us to stop using your Personal Data, including when we use your Personal Data to send you marketing emails. We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent, and you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Hitec Electric emails and changing your contact preferences. Please note you will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from marketing emails.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
If you have other questions or do not have a Hitec Electric account, please contact us.
As Hitec Electric evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will notify you of any material changes that impact your rights under this Policy by email (to your most recently provided email address) or post any other revisions to this Policy in an easy-to-find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. Please note that your continued use of Hitec Electric after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Policy. If you disagree with any changes in this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to it, you will need to delete your Hitec Electric account.